The Mission of the Seminary
Lutheran Brethren Seminary serves the church and world by preparing servants of Christ for a life of ministry in God's mission and for equipping His people to serve in His mission.
The Purpose of the Seminary
Called by the Church of the Lutheran Brethren, the Seminary serves the church and world by living in and preparing others to live in the blessing of the Triune God and His call to participate in His mission of grace to bless all nations in Christ. "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20).
The seminary prepares people to enter the diverse cultural contexts of the world through particular ministries as Christ's servants shaped by his words and wounds, speaking his gospel in word and deed. The seminary approaches its ministry in dependence on the Triune God who speaks truth through his inspired scriptures.
Graduates of Lutheran Brethren Seminary will:
- Embrace a Christ-centered understanding of Scripture
- Demonstrate skills that correspond to the doing of ministry
- Exhibit attitudes that characterize God's servants
- Model godly character in life and in ministry
The Seminary fulfills its mission in partnership with and by the support of the Church of the Lutheran Brethren. This church's mission is: "In response to God's person and grace, we worship Him with everything we are in Christ, serve one another in Christian love and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all people."
This church lives out its passions in the following core values:
- The Bible is central in our congregations and in our households.
- The Gospel is our treasure and our joy.
- We revere God's Law.
- The Word and the Sacraments are God's precious means of grace.
- We cherish the love and fellowship of God's people.
- We long for people to trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, to come to know Him in a personal way.
- We seek to be people of prayer.