For the third year in a row the CLB is sponsoring and subsidizing an opportunity for youth workers to receive training and encouragement.
Here are some pertinent details:
- Visit https://nywc.youthspecialties.com/ for details about the YSNYWC (Youth Specialties National Youth Workers Convention).
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Dates: The convention begins for “deep dives” on 11/19 in the morning. For those not attending “deep dives,” we would encourage those participants’ arrival by 6 pm on 11/19. The convention ends on Sunday 11/22.
- For those wishing to carpool from the Midwest, Mark Johannesen is willing to coordinate a shared van that would depart from Rochester, MN on 11/18 at 8 AM.
- We plan to get regional assistance to lower the cost of lodging and for those from the western region with their transportation costs. We plan to get a hotel that is within a ten mile radius of the convention center.
- Like last year, we will assign rooms in groups of 2 and 4. Those in rooms of 2, will pay more for their room so they do not have to share a bed.
- Cost: The CLBA is paying the registration costs for the first 18 who register by July 30th
- After July 30th we will attempt to sell off the remaining tickets
- If your church is willing to pay for the registration costs, this is most welcomed.
The following Regions have agreed to pay:
- The Central Region, for the lodging expenses up to $400
-If lodging costs exceed what has been pledged, those costs will be passed on to the participants’ churches.
Additional costs to the local church:
- Lodging, if your region is not participating
Daily Debrief Sessions will happen for all CLB attendees with CLB staff.
- Send a $50 check per person as a deposit (Check will not be cashed unless you back out)
- Mail check to Mark Johannesen at True Life Church, 2204 22nd Street NW, Rochester, MN.