Day of Community
Sunday, June 12
Sunday, June 12, during our Biennial Convention, is our Day of Community. What does this mean? This is an day for fellowship and relationship building within the Church of the Lutheran Brethren, and we invite all of our CLB churches to plan a Day of Community on June 12, as well.
This year, our Day of Community will take place in the city of Battle Lake. One of Bethel Lutheran Church’s campuses is located in this city, and after seven years of renting worship space, they are in the beginning stages of building a permanent worship facility. So, on June 12th, we want come alongside this congregation and pray for the city of Battle Lake, and we invite you to pray for your city, as well.
Your congregation will receive a resource package with a booklet and media files to assist you in holding your own Day of Community in your church.
Below is our schedule for the day, including what you can expect in the resource package.
Sunday Morning Worship
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Location: Battle Lake (vacant land – Bethel Battle Lake’s new property)
- Speaker: Rev. Paul Larson, CLB President
- Resource Package to Use in Your Church: Sermon video by President Larson, suggested worship songs, a “welcome to worship” video by President Larson, testimony videos to play during worship (your choice).
- Time: Approx. 12:00 PM
- Location: Lions Park, Battle Lake
- Available: Yard games, bounce houses, public beach
Prayer Walk around Battle Lake
- Time: 1:30 PM
- What: Everyone will break into small groups and receive a map with assigned homes, prayer topic suggestions, Scripture, and a small gift/note from Bethel Battle Lake to leave for each home.
- Resource Package to Use in Your Church: A Prayer Walk booklet will be included in the resource package for you to use within your own congregation, following your worship service. The booklet will include how to prepare, prayer topic ideas, suggested Scripture passages, and options for how to do the prayer walk.
Kubb Tournament, Ice Cream & Other Activities
- Time: 2:30 PM
- Location: Lions Park
- What: Ice cream treats will be handed out as groups return from the prayer walk.
- Kubb Tournament: A Kubb tournament will be organized according to those who registered ahead of time, along with those who signed up during the lunch hour. Delegates can sign up for the tournament when they register for the convention: clba.org/bc22 / Others can sign up here: clba.org/kubb2022
- Other Activities: During the tournament, kids can play on the playgrounds and bounce houses, and boat rides will be offered across the street at the public access on West Battle Lake.
Live Recording of the CLB Forge Podcast
- Time: 6:00 PM
- Location: TOAST (waiting for confirmation), Fergus Falls (Click here for directions)
- What: Recording the next episode of the CLB Forge Podcast. TOAST and Union Pizza will be closed at this time. However, bring your own dinner to TOAST and enjoy the live recording.