CLB Resources: All CLB related resources and F&F published material in one place
CLB Network: CLB related articles, discussion, news and updates
FREQUENTLY NEEDED RESOURCES FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
Download the latest videos
CLB Focus: Jouney to Chad
CLB Focus: Hurricane Sandy
CLB Focus: Region Updates (5 videos - one from each region)
Download: Council of Directors related resources
April meeting minutes
CLB Ministry Plans and Goals, revised October 2012
We have developed a Pastors Network for you. If you have not received your account information, or may have missed the announcement, please contact us and we will send you your information.
This network will have many of the resources that you need, and much more.
Click here to contact us.
Statements by the Church of the Lutheran Brethren
Statement of Faith
The Church of the Lutheran Brethren (CLB) Statement of Faith including: The Bible, The Trinity, God the Father, The Human Race, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, Means of Grace, Salvation, The Church, Church Governance, and Lutheran Confessions.
Read the Statement of Faith
Statement of Core Values
From the CLB Statement of Faith flows another one, a Statement of Core Values. In it we state our passions and our desires. As the Statement of Faith declares our core beliefs, our Statement of Core Values explains how we desire to live out our faith.
Read the Statement of Core Values
Statement on Sexuality
We, the Church of the Lutheran Brethren, affirm that standards of sexual morality must be consistent with Biblical principles. We deny that unscriptural standards may be accepted by the church simply because they have been accepted by society.
Download the Statement on Sexuality
Constitution and By-Laws
Constitution and By-Laws of the Church of the Lutheran Brethren (Adopted at the 2009 Annual Convention)
- Role of Women in the Church: Implications of Suffrage
- Divorce and Remarriage
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide
- Teaching About the Last Things
- Position on Abortion
- We Believe: Statement of Faith
- We Believe: Statement of Core Values
- We Are: Introduction to the CLB
- We Teach: Growing in Christ
- We Teach: Peace with God
- We Teach: The Grace of Giving
- Importance of Confirmation
- We Worship
- Membership: In a Lutheran Brethren Church
Church & Ministry Handbooks
Statement on Missional Theology
The 2008 Church of the Lutheran Brethren Annual Convention passed a motion that called for the formation of a Study Committee on Missional Theology which would draft an exegetical paper (and/or a position paper that is exegetically anchored) delineating the implications of these teachings for faith and life, which was to be considered by the 2009 Annual Convention of the Church of the Lutheran Brethren. The President’s office selected seven individuals to serve in this task and the committee launched a working strategy which included a preliminary list of readings essential to understanding the primary and foundational teachings of missional theology, out of which committee members identified terms and concepts that were essential to the study, and constructed a topical framework for writing the paper. The paper was distributed to our congregations on May 17th, 2010, and a month later the 2010 convention voted to adopt the Statement with several amendments.
Click here to read more and download the updated copy of the Statement on Missional Theology
Church of the Lutheran Brethren related Links
- International Mission (lbim.org) | planting churches in Africa and Asia
- Lutheran Brethren Seminary (lbs.edu) | preparing pastors, missionaries and church leaders
- North American Mission | equip, lead and empower congregations in North America
- Youth Workers (clbyouthworkers.org) | equip. engage. encourage - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Women's Ministries of the Church of the Lutheran Brethren (wmclb.com)
- Faith & Fellowship (faithandfellowship.org) | magazine, bookstore, publishing and church services
- CLB affiliated Bible Camps and Retreat Centers
- Hillcrest Lutheran Academy (ffhillcrest.org)
- Convention Webpage (CLICK HERE to visit webpage) | 2012 Biennial Convention